Tuesday, January 12, 2010

HARRY REID: dead man walking


The end seems to be near for Harry Reid (D-NV) only it won't come soon enough. We've all heard his ridiculous comments and his apologies to Barry, now we get to hear from everyone else. Today I got to hear from political pundits from both sides of the aisle. Both sides said what you would expect them to and nothing will come of it.

Republicans are calling for the senile Senator to resign or be fired and the liberals are all saying that it's no big deal. I really don't care if this amounts to anything. Come November 2010 we will all be calling whomever is running against him, Senator-elect. This is the final nail in the political coffin of this ageing buffoon.

With his stance on the health care reform issue, his getting a political payoff in the Stimulus Bill and his penchant for sticking his foot in his mouth, this guy is done. And the nation will be better off when he's gone. I hope he enjoys his retirement.

Was his intent to slur Savior Obama? I doubt it. I think that Reid believes in the One and his agenda. His choice of words is suspect though. Reid freely admits that he could have chosen his words more carefully. In this world of political correctness, he most certainly should have thought a bit longer before opening his mouth.

During the short time I was in the car today I had the opportunity to listen to Sean Hannity. There was a slot where Sean had Juan Williams, whom I enjoy listening to even though he's a liberal, and I believe the other man's name is Mike Meyers. I'm also not sure of the spelling. During this spot Sean played parts of speeches from Al Gore, Hillary Clinton and Barry Obama. All of the speeches were given to predominately black audiences. All three took the persona of a preacher in the middle of a sermon. Meyers laughed and Williams called it condescending and offensive.

My point in the last paragraph is that there is a double standard for Democrats and Republicans. The amazing thing to me is that this standard is acknowledged and accepted. WTF? Imagine, if you dare, if Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly had said this. There would be a national cry for their head and demands on FOX and EIB to fire whoever had said this and the firestorm would last until the liberals got their way. You know it as well as I.

So, no I don't think that Harry Reid is a racist, I think he's an idiot who needs to lose in the next election cycle and just fade away. Sue Lowden (R) should win the seat and maybe then we can start to undo the damage that this liberal has heaped upon our country.

At least Byron Dorgan (D-ND) and Chris Dodd (D-CT) had the decency to announce their collective retirements. Or were they just trying to save face instead of getting blasted in November? Reid should take a cue from his fellow liberal Senators and just say that he is going to retire.

Nothing would make me happier.


No comments: